Plan a blissful tryst with the nature at the green, chilling hills of Kerala. The Windy side of Western Ghats has blessed Kerala with numerous lush, mist-clad hill stations gifted with lush green valleys, frothing rivers, beautiful wild flower meadows, verdant mountains, dense misty woods, azure lakes, cold breezy climate and much much more. The hilly destinations are towns at higher elevation which were used by British colonial rulers as an escapade from the summer’s heat. The various hill stations here are at an altitude of 1000-2500 meters above sea level, thus showcasing misty, foggy climates. Every hill station has a unique story to tell and is sure to relax your soul with their limitless beauty. They also have various adventure activities, viewpoints, tourist attractions, waterfalls etc.
The popular hill stations of Kerala are:
- Munnar– 1,450 meters (4,760 ft) to 2,695 meters (8,842 ft) above the sea level
- Wayanad– 700 meters (2,296 ft) to 2100 meters (6,890 ft) above the sea level
- Thekkady– 700 meters (2,296 ft) to 1900 meters (6,240 ft) above the sea level
- Vagamon– 700 meters (2,296 ft) to 1100 meters (3,610 ft) above the sea level
- Vythiri– 1100 meters (3,610 ft) to 1300 meters (4,265 ft) above the sea level
- Athirappilly– 300 meters (984 ft) to 680 meters (2,230 ft) above the sea level
- Ponmudi– 915 meters (3001 ft) to 1020 meters (3,347 ft) above the sea level
- Ramakkalmedu – 1200 meters (3937 ft) to 2019 meters (6625 ft) above the sea level
- Thenmala– 500 meters (1640 ft) to 650 meters (2165 ft) above the sea level
- Lakkidi– 700 meters (2296 ft) to 1150 meters (3772ft) above the sea level
To name a few…there are so many more beautiful hill stations. Contact us to know more.